LIGHTHOUSE DREPANO (CRETE)
This lighthouse was manufactured in 1864 from the French company of lighthouses. The altitude of octagonical stone tower is 7 metres and the height of focal plane is 60 metres.
Near to the lighthouse exists the little stone house of light-keeper. Located Easternly in the northern side of Crete, at the orifice of Soudas bight in the cape Drepano 50 metres above the surface of sea. It was included in the Greek lighthouses network afterwards the Balkan Wars 1912-13. Destroyed from the Germans in the 2nd W.W. and rebuild in 1948. The band is rocky, innaccessible and the most near village, that is named Kokino, abstains roughly two-three hours by foot. The coast is very dangerous for each boat that will approach.
|Copyright © 2000-2017
|All rights reserved